Thursday, February 9, 2012

Minnie Mouse Birthday Bash




I did a Mickey Mouse birthday party for our son's 2nd birthday so throwing a Minnie Mouse bash for our daughter's 2nd birthday was so much fun, again! This time, we hosted it at our house and kept it small and simple. I incorporated some of my Valentine's Day decorations too since Miss T loves hearts and it was a perfect mash up!



I was nervous about making the Minnie Mouse cupcakes but I think they turned out cute and definitely set the tone for the food table. I actually spiffy-ed up the cupcakes by putting cookie dough in first before the cake batter to make a cookie bottom. I frosted with butter cream icing and then dipped the cupcake into crushed Oreos. I used two toothpick halves to support mini-Oreos as the ears. The bows were just a dollop of pink frosting in the middle. They aren't technically bows but I think they'll pass.






I also served chocolate chip cookies, strawberry cupcakes with sour cream frosting (yum!), V-Day m&m's, strawberry heart shaped marshmallows and a fruit tray (got to get some healthy in there!). We served strawberry lemonade to drink.


This tower has been such an asset for parties! I cut coordinating scrapbook paper to fit the trays and added the shape to the top. Instant, coordinating cupcake tower!

I took down our usual curtains in the dining room just leaving the sheer curtain and then hung streamers from the curtain rod. I topped it by hanging the pinata there.

I used my Cricut and Mickey Mouse cartridge to make the name banners to hang up. I had also made the heart bunting for Valentine's Day and it matched the party theme perfectly!














I think that's about it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Sources:
Minnie appliqued shirt and polka dot pettiskirt: etsy seller but shop has since closed- which is probably good because I had a bad experience. This outfit was ordered for our Disney trip but I did not receive it until 2 weeks after we got home. So, it worked out perfect for her birthday. :)
Minnie Mouse bow: Giggle Baby Designs on etsy
Photographer: RM Photography
Cupcakes, tissue poms, banners: Me


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!